Messenger is a messaging app that is connected to Facebook. You can make friends on Facebook and share your thoughts on that app. But look, Are you facing the problem of someone calling you through a messenger app, and you don’t know the person, and you want to block it? So, in this detailed guide, I will teach you how to disable calls on the Facebook Messenger app with the easiest steps
To block a person you want to, open their chats, Tap on their name or the top right corner, tap this (i) icon, scroll down, and see a block option. Click it, and Now the person will be on the block list If you want to see the block list on the messenger app, tap on the three lines in the top left corner, clock settings. Scroll down and open Account Settings. You moved to the Facebook security page. Scroll down a little bit to see the “Blocking option.” Click it, and you will see the list of people you blocked.
What is the Facebook Messenger App?
Facebook Messenger is a quick messaging app, Facebook created it for their users to communicate better. It was launched in the summer of 9th August 2011, When you install this app, you don’t need to go to the Facebook main page or the chat sections. Also, You can set up & receive phone calls and send audio voices, media, and other files. You can use this app on any device like Android & iOS, as well as Windows & Mac.
The Reasons Behind People’s Disabling of Calls on the Facebook Messenger App.
There are so many reasons why people disable calls on messenger apps, Below I have mentioned the two major reasons.
The first reason is that people ignoring to be contacting with strangers because Facebook calls can make it easy for anyone to call someone who accepts their friend request.
The second reason is most people do not like to make calls they like to chat. The chat session is the best way for people to know them better. When you call someone or the other person is with friends or family or for any reason they did not pick up your call, that is why chats are most preferable
How Do I Disable Messenger Calls (The Simple Steps)
If you want to disable messenger calls without blocking them, There are some steps that you can follow.
For your computer’s web application
- Open facebook.com in your browser and add login details to access your page
- If your home page is showing click the three-dot icon on the top of the right side of your contact menu to open chat settings
- Now you can customize settings and manage muting calls of which contact you want to mute it.
- Once you do it you will not be seeing any calls about this person which you mute.
When you applied this method in our mobile phone or Facebook web app with your computer, You just did it to mute calls not disabling okay, If you want to permanently disable calls you may follow these steps.
- Open the browser on your computer go to the Facebook web app and enter your login details to access your page.
- Got to the settings option, if you don’t know? At the bottom of the screen, you can see the “Settings Options” Click it and go to your chat settings.
- There, You can click the “Turn off Voice/ Video calls”
- Once you click the last option, A popup will appear and you can choose how long you want to turn off the call features on Messenger.
- Click the “Disable” option and yeah that’s all, You will never see the call notifications.
For Android and iOS devices.
- Open the Facebook messenger app on your mobile phone.
- Login to your account by entering your login details.
- Select the profile which you want to mute the calls on the messenger app
- Open their profile and tap on the “i” icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and you can see the option “Mute” Tap it and then select “Until I turn it back on”.
That is, You can no longer receive a call or message from a selected chat.
When you apply this method it means you can not receive notifications but when you open the chat, You can see the highlighted messages or calls from selected chat which you can mute. But if you want to permanently disable the calls you may follow these steps.
- Go to the settings options on your mobile phone.
- Go to the apps sections where all apps are located.
- Find the messenger app click it and select “permissions”. Permission can help you to access some features on your mobile phone. Select disable the camera microphone and phone by denied access.
Now, Your call options are permanently disabled in Messenger.
If you tried this method you can permanently disable or mute Facebook Messenger calls. Also, I give you two reasons why people call you. Try this method and if any issue about this problem you can ask it in the comment section.